Wednesday, 13 July 2016

"Snow like Ashes" by Sara Raasch

Hii! I haven't posted in awhile but I'm back with this "Snow like ashes" review by Sara Raasch. I have just finished book 2 of  "Vampire girl" by Karpov Kinrade and I'm currently reading "Confess" by Colleen Hoover! I love her.

Soo, "Snow like ashes" I give it a  3/5 cause it wasn't bad, but you know, I expected better. The beginning was too slow for me but the story was creative and powerful. It was about this 8 winterians who survived the conquest of winter and are fighting to stay alive as refugees and steal back winter's magic to rebuild their kingdom. Meira is the main character and a "Orphan" girl;) which desperately wants to matter, she is really strong and a good soldier but many of her colleagues don't take her seriously. The main character really isn't someone fascinating but I did like her, she's a nice person and a little sarcastic which makes her funny sometimes. However the other characters weren't even half impressive or maybe it was the fact that the story was only the main character's viewpoint; I'm not saying I dont like books with only one point of view, but they are better when the point of view differs. Moving forward, anyone who tells you there is any love in here is lying to you, this book lacks so much passion, attraction and love that I might as well don't even mention love in here. I know that this isn't a love story but come on a little tiny love doesn't affect anyone, really for me love is a must in series like this to make it more interesting and captivating. The two so-called suitors were soooo boring gosh I didn't like them at all, especially Mather, what a character with no personality,not one you would fall for, I assure you. So the characters not so good, the structure ok I guess, the story and plot was good, a lot of fighting and magic but as I mentioned before it elapsed too slow. I liked the ending though a lot, I give bonus point for the happy ending but as there are more books to come I can imagine a problem will emerge. What I also loved was the cover page, it just screamed mystery and danger. It really is a great cover page and I can guess many people choose to read this book for its amazing cover page. So yeah, if you want to read it go ahead, but if not, go ahead too and don't; honestly you aren't missing anything extraordinary.

So yup, that's about it. Stay tuned more reviews coming up soon...
Paulina the book lover blogger

1 comment: